Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I love my gel toes!

You may be wondering, "What does that have to do with chickens?" It's more about 'What's behind the feathers!" I believe, and I am not alone, that a woman need not sacrifice glamour to work on her farm. It does take some effort, however. One of my major problems regards my toenails. I get a pedicure every month. The nail polish takes approximately 24 hours to really dry firm. Within that 24-hour period, my dogs usually step on my toes, I cannot put my boots on or the nails become 'textured,' etc. Last week, I was scheduled for a pedicure, but we were also scheduled to butcher some roosters immediately afterwards. I am NOT going to butcher roos in my slippers (Hawaiian for flip-flops)! So I gave in, went the extra mile and got 'gel toes.' Gel toes are getting gel polish on your toenails. This is a UV-light cured treatment that is immediately hard as nails. Costs extra, and I always thought it was extravagant on toes, but... I could put my boots on right away!  And they are beautiful!  See for yourself:

Of course, while we were at it, we added some glittery bling! I am now addicted! Gel toes every month for me! I'll just work extra or sell more eggs, or whatever!  Whee! And, they are dog and chicken-proof. Doesn't get better than that.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Of course now I'm going to have to check your toes every time I visit.

    I promise I'll never think of you as...

    http://www.nps.gov/cuva/historyculture/images/78-woman-feeding-chickens_294170_2.jpeg

    BTW - I never thought of you as that before either. :-)

    Aloha,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you always look at my toes when you visit?? most do you know!

      Delete