Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Yum! Buggy Chicken bread!

Doesn't this look great:


This is a huge loaf of 'Buggy Chicken Bread'!! yum! The recipe is soo simple. 5 lbs of flour with bugs in it (donation from a neighbor cleaning out her cupboards) and enough water to be 'battery'. I think I put 12 - 16 cups in, 4 cups at a time. Then I poured it into the pan that had been greased with organic coconut oil, and baked at 350 degrees for about 1 hour until a toothpick came out clean. I will break it into 4 -6 hunks and crumble each one into a feeding with their rice mash. They will love it!  Unleavened, protein-enriched bread.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love the idea of baking the buggy flour to a bread! I've always just mixed it with wet food, and it turns into a pasty glop. Chickens eat it, but it's not their favorite thing by any means. Now bread? Ooooo, they love that!

    So with my next bag of buggy flour I'll try making your read recipe. The girls should really prove of it, I'm certain.

    ReplyDelete