Monday, October 13, 2014

A happy work week!

This week I get to do my favorite thing for work! Cook! A caterer friend contracted me to cook and bake gluten-free and vegan items for her event! It's like preparing for thanksgiving! This is what I love about retirement. It's not that I don't work, it's just that I get a variety now. One week editing, one week baking, one week teaching, etc. very fun. So what's on the menu? Vegan chili (made it Saturday and tried it Sunday, yummy), vegan shepherds pie, vegan chocolate cake, vegan gluten free carrot muffins, gluten-free lilikoi bars, gluten-free brownies, gluten-free applesauce spice cake, gluten-free banana bread, gluten-free cheesecake with fresh berries. Yes, I am having fun!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were such a creative cook. Pat is so lucky! Can I have your recipe for vegan chili?

    ReplyDelete