Friday, November 13, 2015

Crazy Cake

I made this cake again, which reminded me that one of my friends asked me to share the recipe. She reads my blog, so here it is:

Crazy Cake (that's what we always called it at my house - I've heard others call it Chocolate Road Oil Cake - when I make desserts for others, aka catering, I call it Vegan Chocolate Cake because it is)

Ingredients:
3 c flour
2 c sugar
1/2 c powdered cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tbl vinegar
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 c cooking oil
2 c cold water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix and bake in one 9" x 13" pan. Add all dry ingredients and mix with a whisk or a fork until well-mixed. Sprinkle the vinegar, vanilla and oil over the dry ingredients. Pour the water into the pan. Mix carefully until well-mixed and almost smooth. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Eat... Hot... Warm... Cold... With ice cream... With whipped cream.... By itself... Small pieces stolen from the pan every time you walk through the kitchen... Guaranteed it won't last long!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I plan to try this out for myself. The cake was heavenly! I hope mine turns out as nice.

    I'm over in Hilo and found a book for you at the used bookstore. Lots of pork recipes. I'll bring it with me to dinner, so don't forget to ask for it. I'll most likely forget.

    ReplyDelete