Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I am NOT an entrepreneur!

I am not an entrepreneur!

I am many things. As you age, it's good to realize what and who you are. It's also good to realize what and who you are not.

 I am a mother, and a good one. I listen, I offer advice when asked, and remain tacit when not, and love my pups like a lioness.

I am a teacher, a good one. I can teach most anything, and love it.

I am a chef; I can create meals from any set of available ingredients for any number of people.

I never used to be creative, but over the years I found that imitation trains creativity.

BUT...

I am not organized... You should see my house...

I cannot clean house (see above). It takes me hours, I don't finish, and some tasks, like mopping the floor, result in a dirtier floor than before.

And..I AM NOT AN ENTREPRENEUR ...

This is made clear to me over and over. Examples:
People I know who have chickens make the off-hand remark, "Oh, yeh, eggs are your money-maker." What?!? I sell my eggs for $5/doz, but they must cost us $20/doz to produce, the way we feed them, and building the pens, and the water system, etc.
I make these adorable shopping bags from the chicken feed bags, cat food bags, bird seed bags; all it takes is the leftover bag, scissors, thread, a sewing machine, and about an hour. (A friend gave me the idea, before you think I'm too creative!) I give them away to friends. It makes me happy. Some woman sells them In Waimea for $20/bag.
I make fabulous mustard, gluten-free, again, a friend's recipe, that always sold out at the farmers market. I made it, but it sits in my cupboard....
The kicker is.... I have a great worm farm. It produces lots of dirt (castings), plenty of worm tea,which I throw on our garden-to-be areas, etc. Just yesterday we ran into a friend that said he's selling worm tea on Craig's List for $45/gal. Say,what? He's an entrepreneur.

No comments:

Post a Comment