Monday, April 28, 2014

Top ten things I should do regularly, for my health and serenity!

10. Take care of my feet. They are the only ones I have and I use them every day! This I do! I get a pedicure every month, scrub them with a sugar scrub 3 - 4 times a week, moisturize them almost daily, and scrub nails and skin with a nail brush if necessary. Soft, beautiful feet are a pleasure.

9. Get "dressed" to go out, even with close friends. This means shower, hair, jewelry and make-up. I usually shower and wash my hair, put my jewelry on, but skip the blow-dry and the make-up. But, to be honest, I feel much better about myself when I do the hole enchilada.

8. Blog, if not daily, at least every other day. As you see, I have not been doing that. This is more for my family and friends' sake. I like to tell my story, discuss my feelings. If I write it in my blog, people can choose to read it... or not. However, if I tell people, I end up shang-hai-ing everyone to tell them. They have no choice. I think sometimes my daughters don't answer when I call, because I don't let them off the phone. They say, "Mom, I have to go to work," and I say, "Okay." Ten minutes later, I am still yammering on. Or someone drops by to get eggs, and I start talking, and, pow! they are trapped in my story! Blogging helps relieve my need and relieve my captive audience!

7. Floss. Daily. I do. Every day. Without fail.

6. Eat regularly. And healthily. If I am going to be gone for 3 hours or more, I should take a healthy snack with me. When my blood sugar drops, I get cranky. And no one likes it when I'm cranky!

5. Go to a 12-step meeting, at least once a week. Self-explanatory.

4. Tell my wife I love her. Every chance I get. For obvious reasons.

3. Exercise regularly. At least yoga, but yoga AND cardio would be best. I am very bad about this. Although I work around the farm and am active, it is not the same as targeted exercise. 

2. Get your hair trimmed every 2 or 3 months. It keeps the hair healthy and split-free. 

And the most important thing to do regularly, each and every day, for health, longevity and happiness. . 

1. Pay more attention to the things you are grateful for than to those that irritate you!

Peace

1 comment:

  1. I've been focusing on #1, 6, and 7 - momma's secrets to long-lasting teeth and beautiful feet!

    ReplyDelete