Thursday, May 1, 2014

Go to the beach - another thing I should do regularly, and I did it today!

I just love living in Hawai'i, and I should definitely go to the beach more often. This afternoon, I went to Ho'okena with a friend. The day was overcast, with rain threatening, but the sun peeked out every now and then. The advantage of poor weather on a weekday - low attendance at the beach. And the water around our island is so pure and clear. The sand at Ho'okena is black and white, which makes it look brown, but in the clear water, you can see each individual grain of sand, the white ones, and the black ones, swirling around. Then, through the swirl, you can see the ocean floor, the water is so clear. Then, for our enjoyment, as we sat on the beach, visiting and enjoying each other's company, a large group of dolphins (about 20 -30) did water aerobics, jumping, twirling, swimming together, trying to outdo one another, for us for approximately an hour. They looked like they were having loads of fun, and were very close to the shore - no binoculars needed! What a wonderful day! I love living here!

No comments:

Post a Comment