Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Fresh food makes a party in my mouth!

I am sitting here enjoying a lovely cup of local coffee, ground together with local cacao beans, just savoring the recent party in my mouth. I spent a few hours weeding in the community garden last week, and had brought home many lovely fresh veggies. Today, for a lunch, I scrubbed up and boiled some redskins that I had just seen my friend pull up out of the ground (a first for me) with some cauliflower from the garden (ugly, but, oh, my...). A little sea salt (harvested by hand), organic butter, sour cream. I never tasted anything so sweet. I couldn't tell if the cauliflower or the potato was so sweet and special. So I tasted each individually and they both tasted wonderfully sweet and special in their own way! My mouth is still, many minutes later, remembering the goodness. Simple, nourishing food. And I can't remember any food tasting better..mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment