Sunday, June 18, 2017

More on my crazy love of fresh food!

Yes! I am still loving the fresh vegetables I am so blessed to receive and help (in such a small way) to raise. Tuesday there were all these fragrant bail blossoms available, so I grabbed a bunch. They smelled so lovely all the way home, filling the jeep with their fragrance! 

The next day, I was thirsty, opened my fridge, spotted some thawed lemon and/or lime juice from last year's abundance and had a thought! I made some delicious lemon-limeade with stevia, filtered water, juice, and a few of the fresh basil flower fronds. I drank most of the pitcher that day! I made another pitcher today, with fresh-squeezed lime juice and took a photo:
Hmm... Looks nicer URL, when you can see that those dark bits are little flowers!

As long as I had the bail out, I used most of the leaves I had left, some of the flowers, fresh garlic, almonds, and evoo to make a food processor full of pesto (if you can still call it that). I left some still in the food processor, and added infused coconut oil and fried leaf to enhance a batch, for those who would like the medicated version. The pesto is a little bitter; I think it's because some of the stem, if it was tender enough, got into the pesto. The bitter taste is momentary, or fleeting, so if you don't mind that, it has an otherwise very pleasant taste. Again, here's a photo:

The portion in the jar is regular pesto I put aside for a friend, the darker stuff on the right is medicated pesto, and the portion in the front is regular.  Mmmmm.. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment