Sunday, June 25, 2017

I may be watching too much tv!

Yes, I stopped what I was doing and laughed out loud, for several seconds, maybe a minute, Heck, I'm still smiling, so it can't be ALL bad! And at a commercial. A young father finishes feeding his baby in the highchair. BIG mess. All over high chair, all over baby face, all over. He says, "you wait right there, buddy, while I go get a wipe to clean you up before mommy gets home." He goes to the kitchen, comes back a moment later with a container of wipes, looks at his baby, and..... The baby is perfectly clean, face, chair, everything but the little stain on the bib. He gapes, then looks over at their big shaggy dog, licking his lips and looking proud of himself. The father shrugs his shoulders, says, "Works for me," and puts the wipes back. The next scene, he's giving the dog a cookie (guess it's a reward) that guarantees fresh breath. "So your pet can get closer." Which is what the ad is for. Wait! This keeps getting funnier! It sounds like they are advocating dog nannies that perform oral clean up. (Lack of opposable thumbs limits their ability to effectively use wipes.) Oh, no, ok, it's medium funny. I think they want your dogs breath to be fresh because that's going to happen, whether it's planned or not. Dogs can reach kids' faces. Period. Kids faces always have interesting stuff on them. Interesting to dogs. Ergo, dogs will lick kids' faces if they are within reach. I don't understand why they aren't pushing clean or antibacterial saliva or some such nonsense. I'll have to watch for it again. Maybe it was, but I was laughing so hard, I missed the punchline of the ad! It could have been "clean" instead of "fresh". Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment