Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sloppy Joes

Every now and then, I get a craving for Sloppy Joes. The very unique taste of Sloppy Joes. I don't make them often because of the predominant use of prepared sauces, without which it would taste like Sloppy Joes. Tonight we had them over gluten-free macaroni, kind of a Sloppy Joes Marzetti. Whoa, that's special! Anyway, my craving was satisfied. However, eating Sloppy Joes always reminds me of one of my favorite Adam Sandler songs, Lunch Lady Land, where Sloppy Joe is the hero. You can view Adam performing it here:
It's Adam on Letterman at a very young age! Then THAT always reminds me of another favorite I used to hear on the radio in Ohio, Yeah Toast! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do:
Classics!

1 comment:

  1. After posting this blog, I was asked for the Sloppy Joe recipe. And here it is:

    Sloppy Joes
    1 lb ground beef
    1 onion, chopped
    1 bell pepper, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    3/4 cup catsup
    1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
    2 tbs mustard
    1 tbs sugar
    Pickle juice

    Brown beef, onion, pepper, and garlic in a large skillet. Add the remaining ingredients, stir well and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve on toasted buns.

    ReplyDelete