Thursday, March 5, 2015

A long over due update

It's a lazy Thursday morning, after five days off up early and rush, rush, rush. The dogs are sleeping in, too.
Panter sleeping on the bed
Kai sleeping on the floor
See? And I looked at my blog and realized I hadn't blogged in months! I have reasons, but they're not important. Blogging is a choice. You do it or you don't. 

One thing that's new, and a reason I am enjoying my blogging, is Swype. I was at an all-day meeting on Saturday (a challenge in itself) when I noticed the woman next to me writing very quickly on her iPhone by swiping her finger around the keyboard. I may be the last person on earth to find out about this, but it makes writing things on my iPad or iPhone really much faster and easier. One barrier down.

So what's new with the pigs? We are trying to breed Mother and Mohawk again. The hardest part was getting them in the same pen again. We had moved Mother into Mohawk's pen a few months ago (not without some difficulty). However, one day when we were gone, our tenant workers separated them. Reasons unclear. So now we are trying to get them back together. We need to figure out a better way to do it. The first time we moved Mother, our friend and fellow farmer said, "Put a rope on her foot and guide her to the pen. That way, if she bolts, you can trip her." Sounds easy enough. But the pig didn't want a rope on her foot. We spent a really long time inn the pen trying to get a rope on her foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment