Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Do we have a homestead farm?We

I was reading my friend's blog recently, and she gave her explanation of the differences between a homestead farm, a hobby farm, and a small farm. I won't repeat them here, but apparently, the closest term for The Four Daughters Farm is a homestead. I say this because
1. We live on the farm.
2. The purpose of the farm is more sustainability than cash income.
3. It doesn't make a profit (I considered "hobby", but we raise the livestock and eggs for health reasons, not really pleasure).
4. We often trade what we produce for local goods and/or services.

By the way, I love the rain; our tank is half full. But the chickens are muddy and stinky! Yeeew! I'll use all the new water washing muddy clothes! And the eggs look like they've been rolled in mud!

Well, time to get up and feed the crew - coffee for Mom first though!

No comments:

Post a Comment