Saturday, March 21, 2015

Today is my birthday!

Today is my birthday. I had a wonderful day! Why? I don't know, really. But I had no big expectations from anyone, felt no big obligations, and received so much more than I ever expected.

I started my day eating breakfast in the car. It was very spicy leftover Thai food from my birthday dinner the night before. Chili in my food is warming and friendly, and I love having the freedom to eat what I want for breakfast. Plus it was beef, which is really a good way for me to start the day. Mmmmm...

We got to bridge early, had a pleasant game, came in second in our division, and made our second trip to the DMV, getting out of there in a remarkable 30 minutes! (Yes, with new plates for the car.)

Then, all day long, my phone vibrated with numerous birthday wishes, from friends, daughters, on Facebook, in text messages, voicemail, etc. I felt no pressure to resold, I just let all the wonderful good wishes flow over me. 

A good friend gave me a dozen bottles for my kombucha tea for my special day, and another gave me a marvelous frog boot cleaner for my porch door.

Then to end my perfect day, I polished off the rest of the Thai food!

All is well on my world and I feel loved. Thank you, all of you, who contributed to my day with your wishes, thoughts and other special gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment